- The cast. Kidman, Fanning, Dunst, Farrell & the young ‘uns too. Everyone’s good. No weak links.
- It’s dark. The rural south, losing the war & suspended in a timeless, perpetual dusk.
- It’s quiet. Shhhhh. (A salve for the headache BABY DRIVER gave me)
- It’s squarish. 1.66 aspect ratio. Perfect for this film.
- Virtually no musical score. The girls sing a bit. One plays a violin. In other moments: distant cannons, like drums.
- The restraint. This film is 9/10ths delicious anticipation. Often funny; flirting with horror.
- It’s short. 94 minutes TRT! The End.
Originally a series of tweets. I’m @giantspecks on Twitter. Occasionally Yelling About Movies #YabtM with my friends. Come say hi. Or yell back!