(No major spoilers here, but if you’re like me, sometimes even an opinion can be more than you want to know. Fair warning.)
- GRAVITY literally a gripping experience. My wife’s hand, arm of the chair…
@gloomboy: “They should warn you to wear a bite guard.”
- A nuts&bolts movie, vein of APOLLO 13, or mountaineering/submarine pic where survival hinges on physical things, like a wrench or a rope
- Cuarón is a visual master. The pacing between the hairy suspenseful moments and the more meditative ones in GRAVITY is nearly perfect.
- If GRAVITY falls short of being a classic, it’s because of some lazy Hollywoodisms that took me out of the moment.
- If I could do my own director’s cut of GRAVITY I’d excise the Sandra Bullock’s character’s backstory and all the music.
- Yes you should see GRAVITY, and in the theater. Find the biggest screen you can and spring for the 3D.
I’m @giantspecks on Twitter.